Introductions first—Hi there, I'm Amelia. I'm a Northern California native, specifically from a small town rarely featured on a map. More importantly, I'm San Francisco-adjacent and in the heart of the Wine Country. I received my BA in English from UC Davis and MFA in Creative Writing Fiction from St. Mary's College of California.
As the cliché goes, I've been writing for as long as I can remember, and the written word has always been a driving force in my life. In addition to several completed novels, I've created enough bad poetry to rival the Iliad in page length and a handful of short stories that stayed short for a reason.
Now I write Young Adult contemporary about unlikable female protagonists, oddities, weird subcultures, and the magnificent journeys teenagers embark upon to shape their inner and outer worlds. I was a Pitch Wars mentee twice, in 2016 and 2017, and I'm a mentor for Author Mentor Match Round 4 and TeenPit.
I always enjoy "fun facts" about strangers, so here are some for your enjoyment and/or mockery:
- I was less than two months old when I first went camping and have camped every year since at Donner Lake in Truckee, CA.
- I have two aunts named Laura.
- According to my maternal grandmother, I'm related to Martha Washington and Daniel Boone.
- I'm incredibly talented at the art of the arcade claw machine.
- My sisters and I all have the same middle name. Until middle school, I thought this was normal.
- In my spare time, I beekeep and collect carnivorous plants.